$39 Annual Texas Registered Agent Service in Austin Texas
What is a Texas Registered Agent?
A Texas company doesn’t breath or bleed, and shouldn’t be allowed to hide from the law. The Texas Registered Agent must be appointed for every single business operation in Texas and acts as a physical home for that company that anyone can find at any time. A place where people can find the company and legally notify it. The point of having a Texas Business is to not operate personally and the Texas Registered Agent is a critical part of separating living and breathing individuals and an alternative identity such as a business entity. The Texas Registered Agent allows companies to operate as companies and people to run and own them without having to constantly transact business personally.
- A Texas registered agent accepts mail and legal notices for LLCs, Corporations, or any business entity.
- Texas Registered Agents are listed on company registration paperwork given to the TX SOS.
- Whomever or Whatever is listed as the registered agent on your corporate registration must be at the physical registered office address you listed during normal business hours.
With our Texas registered agent service, you get:
- Cheapest price in the State of Texas
- Reminders to file your Texas Franchise Tax Report.
- An online account where you can view, download and/or store important documents and track your Franchise Tax Report due dates.
- Access to our quick and easy business filing services.
- Immediate access to all service of process and important documents. These are scanned and uploaded immediately into your online account.
- Forms for filing with the State of Texas, promulgated with our TX registered agents information, immediately upon signing up.
- An email and invoice asking you to renew our service each year. No automatic charges.
- Same price every year.
- Flat rate annual fee for TX registered agents service. No forwarding fees, end of year fees or cancellation fees.
Our cost structure is simple. You’ll be charged $39 initially for 1 year of Texas registered agent service. 1 year from now, you’ll get a bill from us for $39 for an additional year of service. There are no other bills from us. We don’t have anything else to try and sell you. We don’t store your credit card information. You can trust that you won’t get any scares on your credit card statement after you hire us to act as your Texas registered agent, unless you do something stupid like hit the submit to order button 5 times because you’re trying to place an order over a slow internet connection. Rest assured; there’s a lot of crappy internet in TX and people do this and we’ve beat our heads against a wall for years trying to figure out how to stop it. We don’t want your money 5 times. If this happens to happen, our accounting department WILL find it and refund any extra money you may have given us pronto.
We are the low cost, high volume leader in all of Texas. You get our high end tools, attention to details, and real time client support. You get the benefit of our years of accumulating repeat clients and being able to offer you the cheapest and best Texas registered agent service.
Our Texas registered agent service helps out of state businesses register to do business in Texas, and keeps local Texas businesses in good standing with the Texas Secretary of State by acting as your registered agent.
When do you need Texas Registered Agents?
- Texas LLC: On the LLC Certificate of Formation
- Texas Corporation: On the Corporation Certificate of Formation
- Out of State registrations: On the Application for Registration
- Any business entity registering with the Texas Secretary of State
Sometimes you may be doing a proceeding in court and the judge will want you to appoint a third party registered agent because you’ve been a little naughty and hard to track down.
Why is a Texas Registered Agent Required?
Every business operating, needs to have a way to get legally notified. Without these requirements businesses could hide from the general public. Requiring a Texas registered agent gives anyone a means to legally complain to a business. By looking up a companies registered agent and simply sending a certified letter, you have legally notified that company. These requirements are a good thing for the general public.
Who can be a Registered Agent?
- An individual bona fide Texas resident
- A Business Entity that has a Texas registered office address
Who cannot be a Texas Registered Agent?
- The same company name that you’re forming or registering
- The Texas Secretary of State
- A Texas Government Agency such as the Comptroller
- A transient
Who shouldn’t be your Texas Registered Agent?
- Any online incorporation service selling the service like it’s hamburgers or including it for free.
- National registered agent services that have to hire a local company like us to maintain their office in Texas.
What is a Texas Registered Agents Responsibilities?
- To provide a physical address in Texas (The registered office)
- Be at that address during business hours
- Accept mail and legal notices for the business entity it is listed as the agent for
- Forward any documents received to the business entity contact
Are Registered Agent Consents required in Texas?
This is an antiquated relic of a time when reliable internet service was rare, people still used the phone books, and we used cell phones to talk to other humans instead of apps. If the year is 2010 yes. But that was practically a decade ago. There is no such requirement to have a registered agent consent, and furthermore, if you want to file it with the state, they’ll take your money to the tune of an additional $15. You appoint the registered agent when you make a filing with the Secretary of State. When you sign up with us, we consent to be your registered agent by providing the service, a paid invoice, and proof of active service in your account. That’s it. If you really want a form filled out, you’ll get a thank you email instantly when you sign up for service with us. You could respond to that email with whatever consent form you’d like filled out, we’ll sign it and email it back to you within the hour, because if a Texas registered agent consent is important to you, dang it, it’s important to us as well! Get that consent form on over to us and you be you. You keep on hanging on fella. We admire you for doing what feels right to you regardless of what decade it is.
What if I don’t maintain a registered agent?
The Texas Secretary of State will involuntary terminate your domestic Texas company and if you’re a foreign company doing business here it will revoke your authority to do business in Texas.
How to Change Registered Agents in Texas
- Choose a new registered agent service
- Verify you have the correct physical address
- Fill out the change of registered agent and office form
- Cut a check for $15 made payable to “Texas Secretary of State”
- Mail in your filing and payment to: TX SOS PO Box 13697 Austin, TX 78711-3697
- Check your company by doing a Texas name search here and make sure they follow through with the filing
OR— An incredible alternative to wasting half your day with all that would be just to pay us $39 to be your registered agent, check the box that you’d like us to deal with the changing of your registered agent to us, and you’ll be done.
Why choose our Texas registered agent service?
Thank you for the time you’ve spent reading through this page, checking out our little company, and the opportunity to earn your business. If you’re still reading this and not convinced that we’re the best option for your company and your 39 bucks; I just don’t know what else to say. You could give us a call or shoot us an email, but I’m not sure we have much left in the tank to use to convince you we’re the best value in Texas Registered Agents Services. A great alternative option to all that is to just freaking signup if you want to get it over with and move on with things. You won’t be disappointed. This is all we do. You’d like to think we’re pretty amazing at it.